- It’s meant to be at the crossroads of story and connection with the Genius mission of educating people on music knowledge.
- The collection features six themes.
- It ranges from the Spice Girls and Notorious B.I.G. to Fiona Apple’s 1997 MTVVMA acceptance speech.
- The items range from $8 for a golf ball to $30 USD for a T-shirt and $70 USD for a beach towel.
- They’re available exclusively on shop.genius.com.
You probably needed to be 12-15 years old at the very least to remember what happened in 1997. Which means you’re probably over the age of 30 now. Is this relevant to that demographic? We can’t say we know for sure but some of the designs are clearly in the same vein of streetwear staples based on dad caps and Olde English font. The question is, will the kids care about Celine Dion and the Titanic or the categorical importance of Notorious B.I.G.’s Hypnotize?