- Why subscription?
Digital media has been reliant on display advertising for much of its existence, which lends itself to low-quality, unoriginal content and clickbait. Our membership model means we don’t need to play the numbers game. And our focus doesn’t need to deviate from creating great content for you, the reader.
- Why are the audio and reading experiences different?
Communicating our stories through audio and text requires different approaches. We’ve designed the listening and reading experiences differently to serve the needs of each medium.
- Where does my money go?
You’re supporting objective storytelling with a goal of empowering and activating the next generation of creatives. Through your contributions, MAEKAN is able to:
- Develop and maintain our site and app to continually improve the MAEKAN experience
- Pay our audio engineers, photographers, web developers, writers, editors, and many other creative contributors.
- Create and support our community through events and gifts
- Provide an ad-free experience
- How can I share stories on social media and with my friends, and family?
All members have access to a share button at the top right of the article pages. Clicking the button will provide you with a custom auto-generated link for you to share. Anybody who clicks this link has full access to that one article.
- How do I know when a new story comes out?
Depending on your notification settings, we’ll let you know when a new story comes out via our newsletter. You can also follow us on social media through Facebook, Instagram or our Slack community.
- How do I change my password?
You can change your password by opening up the menu bar at the top left. You can modify your password by clicking your name and navigating to your profile tab.
- How do I upgrade/downgrade from a monthly/yearly subscription or cancel my account?
You can change your membership status by opening up the menu bar at the top left. Simply change or modify your membership by clicking your name and navigating to your subscription tab. Here you can choose your membership tier or you can choose to cancel it. All account changes will kick in during the next billing cycle.
If you have another question you didn’t see answered here, don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org